Tab Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tab? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Tab, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Synonyms, Example sentences, Antonyms, Words ending with Tab, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: tæb
1. A small flap or strip of material attached to or projecting from something, used to hold or manipulate it, or for identification and information.
Example sentences: "The shopkeeper undid the clasp binding the date book closed and heaved it open, revealing a binder with unusually long pages and alphabetical identification tabs protruding from the edges."
2. A second or further document or page that can be opened on a spreadsheet or web browser.
Example sentences: "You can now do one-touch bookmarking of favorites right from the favorites tab."
3. A restaurant or bar bill.
4. A part of a control surface, typically hinged, that modifies the action or response of the surface.
Example sentences: "Should the airplane enter what is known as a ‘deep stall,’ the wing can mask the flow of air over the tail surfaces, blanking out the control tabs."
1. Mark or identify with a projecting piece of material.
Example sentences: "He opened the book at a page tabbed by a cloth bookmark"
1. A facility in a word-processing program, or a device on a keyboard, for advancing to a sequence of set positions in tabular work.
Example sentences: "The tab key"
1. Use the tab key on a computer or typewriter keyboard.
2. Short for tabulate
1. A tablet containing a dose of a drug.
1. A tabloid newspaper.
1. Typhoid–paratyphoid A and B vaccine.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tab
Tab in Other Languages...