Table Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Table? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Related sentences, Words starting with Table, Synonyms, Words ending with Table, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: teɪbl
1. A piece of furniture with a flat top and one or more legs, providing a level surface on which objects may be placed, and that can be used for such purposes as eating, writing, working, or playing games.
Example sentences: "She put the plate on the table"
2. A set of facts or figures systematically displayed, especially in columns.
Example sentences: "The population has grown, as shown in table 1"
3. A flat, typically rectangular, vertical surface.
1. Postpone consideration of.
Example sentences: "I'd like the issue to be tabled for the next few months"
2. Present formally for discussion or consideration at a meeting.
Example sentences: "An MP tabled an amendment to the bill"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Table
Table in Other Languages...