Tackle Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tackle? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Related sentences, Antonyms, Words starting with Tackle, Words ending with Tackle, Synonyms, Derivations, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: tækl
1. The equipment required for a task or sport.
Example sentences: "Fishing tackle"
2. A mechanism consisting of ropes, pulley blocks, hooks, or other things for lifting heavy objects.
Example sentences: "They pumped out water and used ropes and tackle to lift and pull pieces of the aircraft apart to conduct a search for hazardous components."
3. (in soccer and other games) an act of taking the ball, or attempting to take the ball, from an opponent.
Example sentences: "He was only prevented from scoring by a fine tackle"
4. A player who lines up inside the end along the line of scrimmage.
Example sentences: "The team is serious about drafting a right offensive tackle in the early rounds."
1. Make determined efforts to deal with (a problem or difficult task)
Example sentences: "Police have launched an initiative to tackle rising crime"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tackle
Tackle in Other Languages...