Tag Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tag? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Words starting with Tag, Example sentences, Words ending with Tag, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Antonyms, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: tæg
1. A label attached to someone or something for the purpose of identification or to give other information.
Example sentences: "He gave his pet a collar with a metal name tag"
2. A small piece or part that is attached to a main body.
Example sentences: "Dangling on the end of a plastic tag hung the key to the room next door."
3. A frequently repeated quotation or stock phrase.
Example sentences: "His writing is full of tags from the Bible and Shakespeare"
1. Attach a label to.
Example sentences: "The bears were tagged and released"
2. Add to something, especially as an afterthought or with no real connection.
Example sentences: "She meant to tag her question on at the end of her remarks"
3. Shear away ragged locks of wool from (sheep).
1. A children's game in which one child chases the others and anyone who is touched then becomes the pursuer.
Example sentences: "We began to play tag under the water"
1. Touch (someone being chased) in a game of tag.
Example sentences: "Freeze tag is a game where one person is selected to chase and tag the others."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tag
Tag in Other Languages...