Tank Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tank? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Derivations, Words ending with Tank, Example sentences, Words starting with Tank, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: tæŋk
1. A large receptacle or storage chamber, especially for liquid or gas.
Example sentences: "Only two tonnes of liquid chlorine spilt from a storage tank after an equipment failure, but it was enough to cause plenty of drama."
2. A heavy armored fighting vehicle carrying guns and moving on a continuous articulated metal track.
Example sentences: "There is no doubt we have the finest tanks and infantry fighting vehicles in the world."
3. A cell in a police station or jail.
1. Fill the tank of a vehicle with fuel.
Example sentences: "The cars stopped to tank up"
2. Fail completely, especially at great financial cost.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tank
Tank in Other Languages...