Tear Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tear? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Example sentences, Related sentences, Synonyms, Words ending with Tear, Antonyms, Derivations, Words starting with Tear and more...
How to pronounce: teə
1. Pull or rip (something) apart or to pieces with force.
Example sentences: "I tore up the letter"
2. Move very quickly in a reckless or excited manner.
3. Be in a state of uncertainty between two conflicting options or parties.
Example sentences: "He was torn between his duty and his better instincts"
1. A hole or split in something caused by it having been pulled apart forcefully.
Example sentences: "There was a tear in her dress"
2. A brief spell of erratic or unrestrained behavior; a binge or spree.
1. A drop of clear salty liquid secreted from glands in a person's eye when they cry or when the eye is irritated.
Example sentences: "A tear rolled down her cheek"
1. (of the eye) produce tears.
Example sentences: "The freezing wind made her eyes tear"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tear
Tear in Other Languages...