Tell Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tell? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Tell, Example sentences, How to pronounce? Derivations, Antonyms, Synonyms, Words starting with Tell, Related sentences and more...
How to pronounce: tel
1. Communicate information, facts, or news to someone in spoken or written words.
Example sentences: "I told her you were coming"
2. Decide or determine correctly or with certainty.
Example sentences: "You can tell they're in love"
3. Count (the members of a series or group)
Example sentences: "The shepherd had told all his sheep"
1. (especially in poker) an unconscious action that is thought to betray an attempted deception.
Example sentences: "But I think you could waste a poker lifetime looking for tells like those."
1. (in the Middle East) an artificial mound formed by the accumulated remains of ancient settlements.
Example sentences: "He narrowly escaped being blown up by a mine when he was exploring a tell outside the city."
have an effect
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tell
Tell in Other Languages...