Temper Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Temper? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Words starting with Temper, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Antonyms, Derivations, Example sentences, Words ending with Temper and more...
How to pronounce: ˈtempə
1. A person's state of mind seen in terms of their being angry or calm.
Example sentences: "He rushed out in a very bad temper"
2. The degree of hardness and elasticity in steel or other metal.
Example sentences: "The blade rapidly heats up and the metal loses its temper"
1. Improve the hardness and elasticity of (steel or other metal) by reheating and then cooling it.
Example sentences: "The way a smith would temper a sword"
2. Act as a neutralizing or counterbalancing force to (something)
Example sentences: "Their idealism is tempered with realism"
3. Tune (a piano or other instrument) so as to adjust the note intervals correctly.
Example sentences: "The technician is trained on tempering the piano for tuning."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Temper
Temper in Other Languages...