Tent Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tent? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Related sentences, Example sentences, Words ending with Tent, Derivations, Synonyms, Words starting with Tent, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: tent
1. A portable shelter made of cloth, supported by one or more poles and stretched tight by cords or loops attached to pegs driven into the ground.
Example sentences: "Some of the families here stay inside the mosque, but the rest are camped out in tents that provide little shelter from the winter wind that blows across the university."
1. Cover with or as if with a tent.
Example sentences: "The garden had been completely tented over for supper"
2. Live or stay for a while in a tent.
Example sentences: "We tented with the kids on the shores of Lake Huron"
1. A deep red sweet wine chiefly from Spain, used especially as sacramental wine.
1. A piece of absorbent material inserted into an opening to keep it open, or especially to widen it gradually as the material absorbs moisture.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tent
Tent in Other Languages...