Terms Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Terms? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Related sentences, Synonyms, Words starting with Terms, Words ending with Terms, Example sentences, Antonyms, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: tɜːm
1. A word or phrase used to describe a thing or to express a concept, especially in a particular kind of language or branch of study.
Example sentences: "The musical term ‘leitmotiv’"
2. A fixed or limited period for which something, for example office, imprisonment, or investment, lasts or is intended to last.
Example sentences: "The President is elected for a single four-year term"
3. Each of the periods in the year, alternating with holiday or vacation, during which instruction is given in a school, college, or university, or during which a law court holds sessions.
Example sentences: "The summer term"
4. Conditions under which an action may be undertaken or agreement reached; stipulated or agreed requirements.
Example sentences: "Their solicitors had agreed terms"
5. Each of the quantities in a ratio, series, or mathematical expression.
Example sentences: "A geometric series is defined as having a constant ratio between consecutive terms."
6. Another term for terminus
1. Give a descriptive name to; call by a specified term.
Example sentences: "He has been termed the father of modern theology"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Terms
Terms in Other Languages...