Thin Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Thin? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Words starting with Thin, Related sentences, Derivations, Antonyms, Example sentences, How to pronounce? Words ending with Thin and more...
How to pronounce: θɪn
1. Having opposite surfaces or sides close together; of little thickness or depth.
Example sentences: "Thin slices of bread"
2. (of a person) having little, or too little, flesh or fat on their body.
Example sentences: "She was painfully thin"
3. Having few parts or members relative to the area covered or filled; sparse.
Example sentences: "A depressingly thin crowd"
4. Containing much liquid and not much solid substance.
Example sentences: "Thin soup"
5. Too weak to justify a result or effect; inadequate.
Example sentences: "The evidence is rather thin"
1. With little thickness or depth.
Example sentences: "Cut it as thin as possible"
1. Make or become less dense, crowded, or numerous.
Example sentences: "The remorseless fire of archers thinned their ranks"
2. Make or become smaller in width or thickness.
Example sentences: "Their effect in thinning the ozone layer is probably slowing the global warming trend"
3. Hit (a ball) above its center.
Example sentences: "The lie was not great and the shot was slightly thinned, the ball finishing as much as 40 feet past the cup."
to grow thin
Keep in Mind
Images related to Thin
Thin in Other Languages...