Threw Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Threw? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Example sentences, Words ending with Threw, Words starting with Threw, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Antonyms, Related sentences and more...
How to pronounce: θrəʊ
1. Propel (something) with force through the air by a movement of the arm and hand.
Example sentences: "I threw a brick through the window"
2. Send suddenly into a particular state or condition.
Example sentences: "He threw all her emotions into turmoil"
3. Send (one's opponent) to the ground in wrestling, judo, or similar activity.
Example sentences: "In the final Arnaud was too strong, and threw Hughes twice"
4. Form (ceramic ware) on a potter's wheel.
Example sentences: "Further on a potter was throwing pots"
5. Have (a fit or tantrum)
Example sentences: "Occasionally a small child will throw a tantrum when denied something"
6. Give or hold (a party)
Example sentences: "He threw a huge farewell party for them"
7. Lose (a race or contest) intentionally, especially in return for a bribe.
8. (of an animal) give birth to (young, especially of a specified kind)
1. An act of throwing something.
Example sentences: "Holding's throw hit the stumps"
2. A light cover for furniture.
Example sentences: "The home collection consists of soft furnishing products ranging from bed throws to duvet covers to cushions curtain panels and table linen."
3. Used to indicate how much a single item, turn, or attempt costs.
4. The extent of vertical displacement in a fault.
Example sentences: "In addition, large-scale isoclinal folds and normal faults with throws exceeding 10m locally occur."
5. A machine or device by or on which an object is turned while being shaped.
6. The action or motion of a slide valve or of a crank, eccentric wheel, or cam.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Threw
Threw in Other Languages...