Ticket Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Ticket? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Words starting with Ticket, How to pronounce? Words ending with Ticket, Example sentences, Derivations, Antonyms, Related sentences and more...
How to pronounce: ˈtɪkɪt
1. A piece of paper or small card that gives the holder a certain right, especially to enter a place, travel by public transport, or participate in an event.
Example sentences: "Admission is by ticket only"
2. A certificate or warrant.
3. A label attached to a retail product, giving its price, size, and other details.
Example sentences: "They have price tickets and bar codes attached."
4. A list of candidates put forward by a party in an election.
Example sentences: "His presence on the Republican ticket"
5. The desirable or correct thing.
1. Issue (someone) with an official notice of a traffic offense.
Example sentences: "Park illegally and you are likely to be ticketed"
2. (of a passenger) be issued with a travel ticket.
Example sentences: "Passengers can now get electronically ticketed"
3. (of a retail product) be marked with a label giving its price, size, and other details.
Example sentences: "The sports jacket had been ticketed at two hundred dollars"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Ticket
Ticket in Other Languages...