Tight Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tight? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Synonyms, Words starting with Tight, Example sentences, Derivations, Related sentences, Words ending with Tight, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: taɪt
1. Fixed, fastened, or closed firmly; hard to move, undo, or open.
Example sentences: "She twisted her handkerchief into a tight knot"
2. (of a rope, fabric, or surface) stretched so as to leave no slack; not loose.
Example sentences: "The drawcord pulls tight"
3. (of an area or space) having or allowing little room for maneuver.
Example sentences: "A tight parking spot"
4. (of a formation or a group of people or things) closely or densely packed together.
Example sentences: "He levered the bishop out from a tight knot of clerical wives"
5. (of a game or contest) with evenly matched competitors; very close.
Example sentences: "He won in a tight finish"
6. (of a person) not willing to spend or give much money; stingy.
1. Very firmly, closely, or tensely.
Example sentences: "He went downstairs, holding tight to the banisters"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tight
Tight in Other Languages...