Time Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Time? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Synonyms, Related sentences, Words ending with Time, How to pronounce? Words starting with Time, Antonyms, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: taɪm
1. The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.
Example sentences: "Travel through space and time"
2. A point of time as measured in hours and minutes past midnight or noon.
Example sentences: "The time is 9:30"
3. Time as allotted, available, or used.
Example sentences: "We need more time"
4. An instance of something happening or being done; an occasion.
Example sentences: "This is the first time I have gotten into debt"
5. (following a number) expressing multiplication.
Example sentences: "Five goes into fifteen three times"
6. The rhythmic pattern of a piece of music, as expressed by a time signature.
Example sentences: "Tunes in waltz time"
1. Plan, schedule, or arrange when (something) should happen or be done.
Example sentences: "The first track race is timed for 11:15"
2. Measure the time taken by (a process or activity, or a person doing it)
Example sentences: "We were timed and given certificates according to our speed"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Time
Time in Other Languages...