Tipping Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tipping? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Example sentences, Antonyms, Derivations, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Words starting with Tipping, Words ending with Tipping and more...
How to pronounce: ˈtɪpɪn
How to pronounce: tɪp
1. The pointed or rounded end or extremity of something slender or tapering.
Example sentences: "George pressed the tips of his fingers together"
1. Attach to or cover the end or extremity of.
Example sentences: "The peaks of the mountains were tipped with snow"
2. (in bookbinding) paste a single page, typically an illustration, to the neighbouring page of a book by a thin line of paste down its inner margin.
1. Overbalance so as to fall or turn over.
Example sentences: "The hay caught fire when the candle tipped over"
2. Cause (the contents of a container) to be emptied out by holding it at an angle.
Example sentences: "Sarah tipped the washing-up water down the sink"
3. Strike or touch lightly.
1. A place where rubbish is left.
Example sentences: "A rubbish tip"
2. A pitched ball that is slightly deflected by the batter.
1. A sum of money given to someone as a reward for a service.
Example sentences: "He never leaves a tip"
2. A small but useful piece of practical advice.
Example sentences: "Handy tips for decorating a small flat"
1. Give (someone) a sum of money as a reward for a service.
Example sentences: "I tipped her five dollars"
2. Predict as likely to win or achieve something.
Example sentences: "Christine was widely tipped to get the job"
piece of advice
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tipping
Tipping in Other Languages...