Title Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Title? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Derivations, Related sentences, Example sentences, How to pronounce? Words starting with Title, Words ending with Title, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: taɪtl
1. The name of a book, composition, or other artistic work.
Example sentences: "The author and title of the book"
2. A name that describes someone's position or job.
Example sentences: "Leese assumed the title of director general"
3. The position of being the champion of a major sports competition.
Example sentences: "Davis won the world title for the first time in 1981"
4. A right or claim to the ownership of property or to a rank or throne.
Example sentences: "A local family had title to the property"
5. (in church use) a fixed sphere of work and source of income as a condition for ordination.
1. Give a name to (a book, composition, or other work)
Example sentences: "A song titled “You Rascal, You.”"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Title
Title in Other Languages...