To Meaning and Definition
What is the definition To? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with To, How to pronounce? Derivations, Example sentences, Words ending with To, Related sentences, Antonyms, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: tuː
1. Expressing motion in the direction of (a particular location)
Example sentences: "Walking down to the mall"
2. Approaching or reaching (a particular condition)
Example sentences: "Christopher's expression changed from amazement to joy"
3. Identifying the person or thing affected.
Example sentences: "You were terribly unkind to her"
4. Identifying a particular relationship between one person and another.
Example sentences: "He is married to Jan's cousin"
5. Indicating that two things are attached.
Example sentences: "He had left his bike chained to a fence"
6. Concerning or likely to concern (something, especially something abstract)
Example sentences: "A threat to world peace"
7. Used to introduce the second element in a comparison.
Example sentences: "It's nothing to what it once was"
1. Used with the base form of a verb to indicate that the verb is in the infinitive.
2. Used without a verb following when the missing verb is clearly understood.
Example sentences: "He asked her to come but she said she didn't want to"
1. So as to be closed or nearly closed.
Example sentences: "He pulled the door to behind him"
in order that
Keep in Mind
Images related to To
To in Other Languages...