Toast Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Toast? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Antonyms, Related sentences, Words starting with Toast, Example sentences, Derivations, Synonyms, Words ending with Toast and more...
How to pronounce: təʊst
1. Sliced bread browned on both sides by exposure to radiant heat.
Example sentences: "She buttered a slice of toast"
2. A call to a gathering of people to raise their glasses and drink together in honor of a person or thing, or an instance of drinking in this way.
Example sentences: "He raised his glass in a toast to his son"
1. Cook or brown (food, especially bread or cheese) by exposure to a grill, fire, or other source of radiant heat.
Example sentences: "He sat by the fire and toasted a piece of bread"
2. Drink to the health or in honor of (someone or something) by raising one's glass together with others.
Example sentences: "Happy families toasting each other's health"
1. (of a DJ) accompany a reggae backing track or music with improvised rhythmic speech.
Example sentences: "She sang, rapped, and toasted, with a voice that was often tart and sassy"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Toast
Toast in Other Languages...