Torn Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Torn? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Synonyms, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Derivations, Words ending with Torn, Words starting with Torn and more...
How to pronounce: tɔːn
1. Pull (something) apart or to pieces with force.
Example sentences: "I tore up the letter"
2. Move very quickly in a reckless or excited manner.
3. Be in a state of uncertainty between two conflicting options or parties.
Example sentences: "He was torn between his duty and his better instincts"
1. A hole or split in something caused by it having been pulled apart forcefully.
2. A brief spell of erratic or unrestrained behaviour; a binge or spree.
1. A drop of clear salty liquid secreted from glands in a person's eye when they cry or when the eye is irritated.
Example sentences: "A tear rolled down her cheek"
1. (of the eye) produce tears.
Example sentences: "The freezing wind made her eyes tear"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Torn
Torn in Other Languages...