Tout Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tout? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Tout, Antonyms, Words ending with Tout, Related sentences, Example sentences, How to pronounce? Derivations, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: taʊt
1. Attempt to sell (something), typically by pestering people in an aggressive or bold manner.
Example sentences: "Jim was touting his wares"
2. Offer racing tips for a share of any resulting winnings.
1. A person soliciting custom or business, typically in an aggressive or bold manner.
Example sentences: "This is the best term to use for touts - street hawkers who approach you at every tourist stop to ask you to buy things."
2. A person who offers racing tips for a share of any resulting winnings.
Example sentences: "After a two-month trial, a former racetrack tout and his former accountant were found guilty of conspiracy to defraud people who invested in a racing syndicate."
3. An informer.
1. Used before the name of a city to refer to its high society or people of importance.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tout
Tout in Other Languages...