Trace Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Trace? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Trace, Example sentences, Words starting with Trace, Related sentences, Derivations, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: treɪs
1. Find or discover by investigation.
Example sentences: "Police are trying to trace a white van seen in the area"
2. Copy (a drawing, map, or design) by drawing over its lines on a superimposed piece of transparent paper.
Example sentences: "Trace a map of the world onto a large piece of paper"
1. A mark, object, or other indication of the existence or passing of something.
Example sentences: "Remove all traces of the old adhesive"
2. A very small quantity, especially one too small to be accurately measured.
Example sentences: "His body contained traces of amphetamines"
3. A procedure to investigate the source of something, such as the place from which a telephone call was made, or the origin of an error in a computer program.
Example sentences: "We've got a trace on the call"
4. A line which represents the projection of a curve or surface on a plane or the intersection of a curve or surface with a plane.
Example sentences: "The axis of the trace is curved slightly to the left."
5. A beaten path or small road; a track.
Example sentences: "Path was synonymous with trace, another invaluable gift that pioneers used to penetrate the otherwise impassable."
6. The sum of the elements in the principle diagonal of a square matrix.
Example sentences: "This paper is more than an extension, however, for in it he used matrices, in particular the trace of a matrix, to greatly simplify the formulas he had presented in his 1926 paper."
1. Each of the two side straps, chains, or ropes by which a horse is attached to a vehicle that it is pulling.
Example sentences: "Ales broke off in mid-explanation to dive into the crowd, reappearing clasping a handkerchief waving teenage girl, and yoking her into the cart's rope traces."
see to it
Keep in Mind
Images related to Trace
Trace in Other Languages...