Track Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Track? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Derivations, Words starting with Track, Antonyms, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Words ending with Track, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: træk
1. A rough path or minor road, typically one beaten by use rather than constructed.
Example sentences: "Follow the track to the farm"
2. A mark or line of marks left by a person, animal, or vehicle in passing.
Example sentences: "He followed the tracks made by the cars in the snow"
3. A continuous line of rails on a railroad.
Example sentences: "Commuters had to leave trains to walk along the tracks"
4. A recording of one song or piece of music.
Example sentences: "The CD contains early Elvis Presley tracks"
5. A continuous articulated metal band around the wheels of a heavy vehicle such as a tank or bulldozer, intended to facilitate movement over rough or soft ground.
Example sentences: "He entered the circular chamber in a wheelchair, without wheels, instead, tracks like a tank, to push him along."
6. The transverse distance between a vehicle's wheels.
Example sentences: "Several suggestions were made by Ford engineers to improve its stability, including widening the track width of the vehicle."
7. A group in which schoolchildren of the same age and ability are taught.
Example sentences: "What should you consider when choosing a high school diploma track?"
1. Follow the course or trail of (someone or something), typically in order to find them or note their location at various points.
Example sentences: "Secondary radars that track the aircraft in flight"
2. (of wheels) run so that the back ones are exactly in the track of the front ones.
Example sentences: "I've just had my wheels tracked 'cause I thought that was the problem."
3. (of a tunable circuit or component) vary in frequency in the same way as another circuit or component, so that the frequency difference between them remains constant.
Example sentences: "The system will contain a more sophisticated heading sensor as well as more advanced tracking and stabilizing circuits."
4. Assign (a student) to a course of study according to ability.
Example sentences: "Tracking pupils by skill level as early as age 9 worked."
1. Tow (a boat) along a waterway from the bank.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Track
Track in Other Languages...