Trail Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Trail? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Synonyms, Example sentences, Words starting with Trail, Derivations, Words ending with Trail and more...
How to pronounce: treɪl
1. A mark or a series of signs or objects left behind by the passage of someone or something.
Example sentences: "A trail of blood on the grass"
2. A long thin part or line stretching behind or hanging down from something.
Example sentences: "Smoke trails"
3. A beaten path through rough country such as a forest or moor.
Example sentences: "Country parks with nature trails"
4. The rear end of a gun carriage, resting or sliding on the ground when the gun is unlimbered.
5. Short for trailer (sense 2 of the noun)
1. Draw or be drawn along the ground or other surface behind someone or something.
Example sentences: "Alex trailed a hand through the clear water"
2. Walk or move slowly or wearily.
Example sentences: "She trailed behind, whimpering at intervals"
3. Follow (a person or animal), typically by using marks, signs, or scent left behind.
Example sentences: "Sam suspected they were trailing him"
4. Be losing to an opponent in a game or contest.
Example sentences: "The Packers were trailing 10–6 at halftime"
5. Advertise (something, especially a film or program) in advance by broadcasting extracts or details.
Example sentences: "The bank's plans have been extensively trailed"
6. Apply (slip) through a nozzle or spout to decorate ceramic ware.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Trail
Trail in Other Languages...