Train Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Train? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Antonyms, Derivations, Synonyms, Words ending with Train, How to pronounce? Words starting with Train, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: treɪn
1. Teach (a person or animal) a particular skill or type of behavior through practice and instruction over a period of time.
Example sentences: "The plan trains people for promotion"
2. Point or aim something, typically a gun or camera, at.
Example sentences: "The detective trained his gun on the side door"
3. Go by train.
4. Entice (someone) by offering pleasure or a reward.
1. A series of railroad cars moved as a unit by a locomotive or by integral motors.
Example sentences: "A freight train"
2. A succession of vehicles or pack animals traveling in the same direction.
Example sentences: "A camel train"
3. A long piece of material attached to the back of a formal dress or robe that trails along the ground.
Example sentences: "The bride wore a cream silk dress with a train"
4. A trail of gunpowder for firing an explosive charge.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Train
Train in Other Languages...