Transfer Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Transfer? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Antonyms, Words starting with Transfer, Words ending with Transfer, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Derivations, Related sentences and more...
How to pronounce: ˈtrænsfɜː
1. Move from one place to another.
Example sentences: "I went to sleep on the couch before transferring to my bedroom later in the night"
2. Change to another place, route, or means of transportation during a journey.
Example sentences: "John advised him to transfer from Rome airport to the railroad station"
3. Make over the possession of (property, a right, or a responsibility) to someone else.
Example sentences: "We will transfer full planning responsibility to local authorities"
4. Change (the sense of a word or phrase) by extension or metaphor.
Example sentences: "Between Latin and English, the sense was transferred from the inhabitants to the place"
1. An act of moving something or someone to another place.
Example sentences: "A transfer of wealth to the poorer nations"
2. A small colored picture or design on paper, which can be transferred to another surface by being pressed or heated.
Example sentences: "T-shirts with iron-on transfers"
3. An act of changing to another place, route, or means of transportation during a journey.
Example sentences: "It took three hours and several bus transfers to get there"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Transfer
Transfer in Other Languages...