Transferring Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Transferring? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Transferring, Related sentences, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Words starting with Transferring, Derivations, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: trænsˈfɜːrɪŋ
1. Move from one place to another.
Example sentences: "He intends to transfer the fund's assets to the Treasury"
2. Change to another place, route, or means of transport during a journey.
Example sentences: "Passengers have to transfer at Heathrow for onward international flights"
3. Make over the possession of (property, a right, or a responsibility) to another.
Example sentences: "We will transfer full planning responsibility to local authorities"
4. Change (the sense of a word or phrase) by extension or metaphor.
Example sentences: "Between Latin and English, the sense was transferred from the inhabitants to the place"
1. An act of moving something or someone to another place, organization, team, etc.
Example sentences: "A transfer of wealth to the EU's poorer nations"
2. A small coloured picture or design on paper, which can be transferred to another surface by being pressed or heated.
Example sentences: "T-shirts with iron-on transfers"
3. An act of changing to another place, route, or means of transport during a journey.
Example sentences: "Bus transfers between the airport and the city centre cost about £11"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Transferring
Transferring in Other Languages...