Trap Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Trap? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Related sentences, Example sentences, Words ending with Trap, Synonyms, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Words starting with Trap and more...
How to pronounce: træp
1. A device or enclosure designed to catch and retain animals, typically by allowing entry but not exit or by catching hold of a part of the body.
Example sentences: "The squirrels ravaged the saplings, despite the baited traps"
2. A situation in which people lie in wait to make a surprise attack.
Example sentences: "We were fed false information by a double agent and walked straight into a trap"
3. A container or device used to collect a specified thing.
Example sentences: "One fuel filter and water trap are sufficient on the fuel system"
4. A light, two-wheeled carriage pulled by a horse or pony.
Example sentences: "From his window he could see the Pyramids, but all he wanted to see was a photograph of Tommy, the pony which pulled the trap for the two of them on their last ride together."
5. A device for hurling an object such as a clay pigeon into the air to be shot at.
Example sentences: "We had to load the clay pigeons into the traps."
6. Short for trapdoor
7. A person's mouth (used in expressions to do with speaking)
8. (among jazz musicians) drums or percussion instruments.
9. A type of hip-hop music typically characterized by a dark tone and rhythms involving low-pitched kick drums and a very fast hi-hat.
Example sentences: "The LP will feature his raps over a wide range of electronic sounds from dubstep to trap"
10. A place where drugs are sold.
11. An act of trapping the ball.
1. Catch (an animal) in a trap.
Example sentences: "Once he dreamed he was trying to trap foxes but kept catching Dalmatians."
1. Put trappings on (a horse)
Example sentences: "The horses were trapped with black velvet"
1. Basalt or a similar dark, fine-grained igneous rock.
lie in wait
Keep in Mind
Images related to Trap
Trap in Other Languages...