Traverse Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Traverse? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Words starting with Traverse, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Words ending with Traverse, Related sentences, Antonyms, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: ˈtrævɜːs
1. Travel across or through.
Example sentences: "He traversed the forest"
2. Move (something) back and forth or sideways.
Example sentences: "A probe is traversed along the tunnel"
3. Deny (an allegation) in pleading.
Example sentences: "The plaintiff must assert certain facts which, if traversed, he would be put to prove"
1. An act of traversing something.
Example sentences: "High-level walks in the Dolomites often involve steep, exposed climbs, traverses, and descents"
2. A part of a structure that extends or is fixed across something.
Example sentences: "There were three jewels in the traverse of the cross and four in the body"
3. A mechanism enabling a large gun to be turned to face a different direction.
Example sentences: "They had been practicing firing at multiple targets, using the power traverse"
4. A single line of survey, usually plotted from compass bearings and chained or paced distances between angular points.
5. A pair of right-angled bends incorporated in a trench to avoid enfilading fire.
Example sentences: "He crept up and threw a grenade over the traverse"
6. Variant spelling of travers
1. (of a curtain rod) allowing the curtain to be opened and closed by sliding it along the rod.
Example sentences: "There is so much on the market today - decorative traverse rods, pole sets, metal or wood rods."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Traverse
Traverse in Other Languages...