Trial Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Trial? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Related sentences, Words ending with Trial, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Synonyms, Words starting with Trial, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: ˈtraɪəl
1. A formal examination of evidence before a judge, and typically before a jury, in order to decide guilt in a case of criminal or civil proceedings.
Example sentences: "The newspaper accounts of the trial"
2. A test of the performance, qualities, or suitability of someone or something.
Example sentences: "Clinical trials must establish whether the new hip replacements are working"
3. A person, thing, or situation that tests a person's endurance or forbearance.
Example sentences: "The trials and tribulations of married life"
1. Test (something, especially a new product) to assess its suitability or performance.
Example sentences: "All seeds are carefully trialed in a variety of growing conditions"
2. (of a horse, dog, or other animal) compete in trials.
Example sentences: "The pup trialed on Saturday"
court of law
court of justice
Keep in Mind
Images related to Trial
Trial in Other Languages...