Trick Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Trick? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Trick, Words ending with Trick, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Example sentences, Antonyms, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: trɪk
1. A cunning or skillful act or scheme intended to deceive or outwit someone.
Example sentences: "He's a double-dealer capable of any mean trick"
2. A peculiar or characteristic habit or mannerism.
Example sentences: "She had a trick of clipping off certain words and phrases"
3. (in bridge, whist, and similar card games) a sequence of cards forming a single round of play. One card is laid down by each player, the highest card being the winner.
Example sentences: "Next, the players play to tricks, with the winner of each trick replacing their card with their choice of one of two exposed cards and the loser receiving the other card."
4. A prostitute's client.
5. A sailor's turn at the helm, usually lasting for two or four hours.
Example sentences: "Indeed, one or two tricks up the mast were carried out by the senior ERA."
1. Deceive or outwit (someone) by being cunning or skillful.
Example sentences: "Buyers can be tricked by savvy sellers"
2. Sketch (a coat of arms) in outline, with the colors indicated by letters or signs.
1. Intended or used to deceive or mystify, or to create an illusion.
Example sentences: "A trick question"
2. Liable to fail; defective.
Example sentences: "A trick knee"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Trick
Trick in Other Languages...