Trip Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Trip? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Trip, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Words starting with Trip, Synonyms, Antonyms, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: trɪp
1. Catch one's foot on something and stumble or fall.
Example sentences: "He tripped over his cat"
2. Walk, run, or dance with quick light steps.
Example sentences: "They tripped up the terrace steps"
3. Activate (a mechanism), especially by contact with a switch, catch, or other electrical device.
Example sentences: "An intruder trips the alarm"
4. Release and raise (an anchor) from the seabed by means of a buoyed line attached to the anchor's crown.
Example sentences: "During the hustle of everyone getting underway someone tripped the anchor that we used to stabilize our dinghy."
5. Experience hallucinations induced by taking a psychedelic drug, especially LSD.
6. Go on a short journey.
Example sentences: "When tripping through the Yukon take some time to explore our museums"
1. An act of going to a place and returning; a journey or excursion, especially for pleasure.
Example sentences: "Sally's gone on a school trip"
2. A stumble or fall due to catching one's foot on something.
Example sentences: "Trips and falls cause nearly half of all accidents"
3. A hallucinatory experience caused by taking a psychedelic drug, especially LSD.
4. A device that activates or disconnects a mechanism, circuit, etc.
Example sentences: "A trip mechanism"
5. A light, lively movement of a person's feet.
Example sentences: "Yonder comes Dalinda; I know her by her trip"
1. A flock or group of goats, sheep, or other animals.
2. A small flock of wildfowl.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Trip
Trip in Other Languages...