Triple Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Triple? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Triple, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Synonyms, Example sentences, Derivations, Words starting with Triple and more...
How to pronounce: trɪpl
1. Consisting of or involving three parts, things, or people.
Example sentences: "A triple murder"
1. Three times as much or as many.
Example sentences: "The copper energy cells had triple the efficiency of silicon cells"
1. A thing that is three times as large as usual or is made up of three standard units or items.
Example sentences: "Two whiskies—triples, please"
2. A sporting contest in which each side has three players.
Example sentences: "In the triples event, the three women grabbed a silver medal after winning four games, drawing one and losing the other."
3. A system of change ringing using seven bells, with three pairs changing places each time.
Example sentences: "I can ring touches of Stedman Doubles no problems but whenever I look at the Stedman Triples work I get nowhere."
4. A hit which enables the batter to reach third base.
Example sentences: "He got back and started pounding doubles and triples down the third base line."
5. Another term for trifecta
1. Become three times as much or as many.
2. Hit a triple.
Example sentences: "He tripled into right field"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Triple
Triple in Other Languages...