Trust Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Trust? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Related sentences, Words ending with Trust, How to pronounce? Words starting with Trust, Example sentences, Derivations, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: trʌst
1. Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
Example sentences: "Relations have to be built on trust"
2. An arrangement whereby a person (a trustee) holds property as its nominal owner for the good of one or more beneficiaries.
Example sentences: "A trust was set up"
3. A large company that has or attempts to gain monopolistic control of a market.
Example sentences: "He would himself use the language of Progressive era reform rhetoric to mold Storrow and those who supported him as men of money, monopolies and trusts."
4. Commercial credit.
Example sentences: "My master lived on trust at an alehouse"
5. A hope or expectation.
Example sentences: "All the great trusts of womanhood"
1. Believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of.
Example sentences: "I should never have trusted her"
2. Allow credit to (a customer)
Example sentences: "All persons are forbid to trust sailors"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Trust
Trust in Other Languages...