Try Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Try? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Words starting with Try, Synonyms, Words ending with Try, Example sentences, Related sentences, Antonyms, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: traɪ
1. Make an attempt or effort to do something.
Example sentences: "He tried to regain his breath"
2. Subject (someone) to trial.
Example sentences: "He was arrested and tried for the murder"
3. Make severe demands on (a person or a quality, typically patience)
Example sentences: "Mary tried everyone's patience to the limit"
4. Smooth (roughly planed wood) with a plane to give an accurately flat surface.
1. An effort to accomplish something; an attempt.
Example sentences: "Mitterrand was elected president on his third try"
2. An act of touching the ball down behind the opposing goal line, scoring points and entitling the scoring side to a goal kick.
Example sentences: "We can find out about games played, tries scored, goals kicked, brothers and fathers, referees, captains and so on."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Try
Try in Other Languages...