Tube Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tube? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Words starting with Tube, Words ending with Tube, Synonyms, Derivations, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: tjuːb
1. A long, hollow cylinder of metal, plastic, glass, etc. for holding or transporting something, chiefly liquids or gases.
Example sentences: "A plastic tube is connected to the tap and the beer is ready to be pulled"
2. A thing in the form of or resembling a tube.
Example sentences: "Three works could be manipulated; the massed tubes formed a square or circle mounted on a base that allowed a segment or the whole piece to be rotated by hand."
3. The subway system in London.
Example sentences: "A cross-London trek on the Tube"
4. A sealed container, typically of glass and either evacuated or filled with gas, containing two electrodes between which an electric current can be made to flow.
Example sentences: "Early diodes in electronics were made from metal plates sealed inside evacuated glass tubes, which could be seen glowing in the innards of old radio sets."
1. Fit (a person or animal) with a tube to assist breathing, especially after a laryngotomy.
2. Convey in a tube.
3. Ride on water on a large inflated inner tube.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tube
Tube in Other Languages...