Tuck Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tuck? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Related sentences, Antonyms, Derivations, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Words ending with Tuck, Words starting with Tuck and more...
How to pronounce: tʌk
1. Push, fold, or turn (the edges or ends of something, especially a garment or bedclothes) so as to hide them or hold them in place.
Example sentences: "He tucked his shirt into his trousers"
2. Make a flattened, stitched fold in (a garment or material), typically so as to shorten or tighten it, or for decoration.
1. A flattened, stitched fold in a garment or material, typically one of several parallel folds put in a garment for shortening, tightening, or decoration.
Example sentences: "A dress with tucks along the bodice"
2. Food, typically cakes and candy, eaten by children at school as a snack.
3. (in diving, gymnastics, downhill skiing, etc.) a position with the knees bent and held close to the chest, often with the hands clasped around the shins.
Example sentences: "Lenzi nailed a reverse 3–1/2 somersault tuck on his final dive"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tuck
Tuck in Other Languages...