Tune Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Tune? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, How to pronounce? Words starting with Tune, Related sentences, Synonyms, Example sentences, Antonyms, Words ending with Tune and more...
How to pronounce: tjuːn
1. A melody, especially one that characterizes a particular piece of music.
Example sentences: "She left the theater humming a cheerful tune"
1. Adjust (a musical instrument) to the correct or uniform pitch.
Example sentences: "He tuned the harp for me"
2. Adjust (a receiver circuit such as a radio or television) to the frequency of the required signal.
Example sentences: "The radio was tuned to the CBC"
3. Adjust (an engine) or balance (mechanical parts) so that a vehicle runs smoothly and efficiently.
Example sentences: "The suspension was tuned for a softer ride"
4. Adjust or adapt (something) to a particular purpose or situation.
Example sentences: "The animals are finely tuned to life in the desert"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Tune
Tune in Other Languages...