Turf Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Turf? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Synonyms, Related sentences, Derivations, Words starting with Turf, Words ending with Turf, Example sentences, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: tɜːf
1. Grass and the surface layer of earth held together by its roots.
Example sentences: "They walked across the springy turf"
2. Horse racing or racecourses generally.
Example sentences: "He spent his money gambling on the turf"
3. An area regarded as someone's personal territory; one's home ground.
1. Force (someone) to leave somewhere.
2. Cover (a patch of ground) with turf.
Example sentences: "The plot of land has been turfed"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Turf
Turf in Other Languages...