Turn Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Turn? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Words ending with Turn, Antonyms, Words starting with Turn, Derivations, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: tɜːn
1. Move in a circular direction wholly or partly around an axis or point.
Example sentences: "The big wheel was turning"
2. Move (something) so that it is in a different position in relation to its surroundings or its previous position.
Example sentences: "Turn the mould upside down"
3. Change in nature, state, form, or color; become.
Example sentences: "Emmeline turned pale"
4. Shape (something) on a lathe.
Example sentences: "The faceplate is turned rather than cast"
5. Make (a profit).
Example sentences: "The show cost its investors a socking outlay of $14m, but within 14 months they started turning a sinfully large profit."
1. An act of moving something in a circular direction around an axis or point.
Example sentences: "A safety lock requiring four turns of the key"
2. A change of direction when moving.
Example sentences: "They made a left turn and picked up speed"
3. An opportunity or obligation to do something that comes successively to each of a number of people.
Example sentences: "It was his turn to speak"
4. A short walk or ride.
5. A shock.
6. The difference between the buying and selling price of stocks or other financial products.
Example sentences: "Nearly all market turns show divergences between price and technical indicators such as momentum."
7. A melodic ornament consisting of the principal note with those above and below it.
Example sentences: "In the Romantic era, signs were still used for simple ornaments such as trills, turns, or mordents."
prove to be
appear to be
Keep in Mind
Images related to Turn
Turn in Other Languages...