Type Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Type? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Derivations, Words starting with Type, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Words ending with Type, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: taɪp
1. A category of people or things having common characteristics.
Example sentences: "This type of heather grows better in a drier habitat"
2. A person or thing symbolizing or exemplifying the ideal or defining characteristics of something.
Example sentences: "She characterized his witty sayings as the type of modern wisdom"
3. Printed characters or letters.
Example sentences: "Bold or italic type"
4. A design on either side of a medal or coin.
5. An abstract category or class of linguistic item or unit, as distinct from actual occurrences in speech or writing.
Example sentences: "The concepts [dog], [cat], [horse], as well as [animal], occupy the abstract domain of types."
1. Write (something) on a typewriter or computer by pressing the keys.
Example sentences: "He typed out the second draft"
2. Determine the type to which (a person or their blood or tissue) belongs.
Example sentences: "The kidney was typed"
3. Short for typecast
Keep in Mind
Images related to Type
Type in Other Languages...