Types Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Types? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Types, Related sentences, Example sentences, Words starting with Types, How to pronounce? Derivations, Synonyms, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: taɪp
1. A category of people or things having common characteristics.
Example sentences: "This type of heather grows better in a drier habitat"
2. A person or thing exemplifying the ideal or defining characteristics of something.
Example sentences: "She characterized his witty sayings as the type of modern wisdom"
3. Characters or letters that are printed or shown on a screen.
Example sentences: "Bold type"
4. A design on either side of a medal or coin.
5. An abstract category or class of linguistic item or unit, as distinct from actual occurrences in speech or writing.
Example sentences: "The concepts [dog], [cat], [horse], as well as [animal], occupy the abstract domain of types."
1. Write (something) on a typewriter or computer by pressing the keys.
Example sentences: "He typed out the second draft"
2. Determine the type to which (a person or their blood or tissue) belongs.
Example sentences: "The kidney was typed"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Types
Types in Other Languages...