Under Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Under? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Under, Derivations, Antonyms, Example sentences, Related sentences, Words starting with Under, Synonyms, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: ˈʌndə
1. Extending or directly below.
Example sentences: "The streams that ran under the melting glaciers"
2. At a lower level than.
Example sentences: "The room under his study"
3. Lower than (a specified amount, rate, norm, or age)
Example sentences: "They averaged just under 2.8 percent"
4. Controlled, managed, or governed by.
Example sentences: "The country is now under martial law"
5. Undergoing (a process)
Example sentences: "Under construction"
1. Extending or directly below something.
Example sentences: "Weaving the body through the crossbars, over and under, over and under"
2. Under water.
Example sentences: "He was floating for some time but suddenly went under"
1. Denoting the lowest part or surface of something; on the underside.
Example sentences: "The under part of the shell is concave"
2. Unconscious, typically as a result of general anesthesia.
Example sentences: "The operation was quick—she was only under for 15 minutes"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Under
Under in Other Languages...