Utility Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Utility? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms, Example sentences, How to pronounce? Words starting with Utility, Words ending with Utility, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: juːˈtɪlɪtɪ
1. The state of being useful, profitable, or beneficial.
Example sentences: "He had a poor opinion of the utility of book learning"
2. An organization supplying the community with electricity, gas, water, or sewerage.Stocks and bonds in public utilities.
Example sentences: "The final vote at the National Assembly on the privatisation bill to transform utilities into limited liability companies will be held on June 22."
3. A utility program.
Example sentences: "A handy utility for converting one graphics file type to another"
1. Useful, especially through being able to perform several functions.
Example sentences: "A utility truck"
2. Functional rather than attractive.
Example sentences: "Utility clothing"
3. Relating to the lowest US government grade of beef.
public utility company
Keep in Mind
Images related to Utility
Utility in Other Languages...