Value Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Value? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Value, Synonyms, Antonyms, Words ending with Value, Derivations, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: ˈvæljuː
1. The regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something.
Example sentences: "Your support is of great value"
2. A person's principles or standards of behavior; one's judgment of what is important in life.
Example sentences: "They internalize their parents' rules and values"
3. The numerical amount denoted by an algebraic term; a magnitude, quantity, or number.
Example sentences: "The mean value of x"
4. The relative duration of the sound signified by a note.
Example sentences: "Rhythmic values are quarter, eighth and half notes, and only the major finger pattern is used in the first chorale."
5. The meaning of a word or other linguistic unit.
Example sentences: "In either case, the reference to neat depends on its use earlier and on its value as a word."
6. The relative degree of lightness or darkness of a particular color.
Example sentences: "The artist has used adjacent color values as the landscape recedes"
1. Estimate the monetary worth of (something)
Example sentences: "His estate was valued at $45,000"
2. Consider (someone or something) to be important or beneficial; have a high opinion of.
Example sentences: "She had come to value her privacy and independence"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Value
Value in Other Languages...