Vent Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Vent? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, How to pronounce? Words starting with Vent, Antonyms, Synonyms, Example sentences, Related sentences, Words ending with Vent and more...
How to pronounce: vent
1. An opening that allows air, gas, or liquid to pass out of or into a confined space.
Example sentences: "Remove any debris blocking the vents"
2. The expression or release of a strong emotion, energy, etc.
Example sentences: "Children give vent to their anger in various ways"
1. Give free expression to (a strong emotion)
Example sentences: "He had come to vent his rage and despair"
2. Provide with an outlet for air, gas, or liquid.
Example sentences: "Clothes dryers must be vented to the outside"
1. A slit in a garment, especially in the lower edge of the back of a coat through the seam.
Example sentences: "It's made from super 120's Italian wool and features a three-button closure, side vents and pickstitched lapels."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Vent
Vent in Other Languages...