Vertical Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Vertical? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Antonyms, Words starting with Vertical, Words ending with Vertical, Related sentences, Derivations, How to pronounce? Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: ˈvɜːtɪkəl
1. At right angles to a horizontal plane; in a direction, or having an alignment, such that the top is directly above the bottom.
Example sentences: "The vertical axis"
2. Involving different levels of a hierarchy or progression.
Example sentences: "The human being possesses levels of reality situated in the vertical hierarchy of body, soul and spirit."
3. Relating to the crown of the head.
Example sentences: "The aberrant vessel can be traced to the middle ear with an apparent absence of the right vertical carotid canal."
4. Denoting a point at the zenith or the highest point of something.
1. A vertical line or plane.
Example sentences: "The columns incline several degrees away from the vertical"
2. An upright structure.
Example sentences: "We remodeled the opening with a simple lintel and unadorned verticals"
3. The distance between the highest and lowest points of a ski area.
Example sentences: "The resort claims a vertical of 2,100 meters"
4. Short for vertical tasting
Keep in Mind
Images related to Vertical
Vertical in Other Languages...