Vest Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Vest? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Example sentences, Words ending with Vest, Derivations, Related sentences, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Words starting with Vest and more...
How to pronounce: vest
1. A sleeveless, close-fitting waist-length garment worn over a shirt, typically having no collar and buttoning down the front.
Example sentences: "Businessmen wear three-piece pin-striped suits with vests and neckties"
2. A garment worn on the upper part of the body for a particular purpose or activity.
Example sentences: "A running vest"
3. An undershirt, typically one without sleeves.
Example sentences: "The appeal is now in its final week and priority should be given to the gift donation of vests, warm undergarments, toiletries and socks."
1. Confer or bestow (power, authority, property, etc.) on someone.
Example sentences: "Executive power is vested in the President"
2. (of a chorister or member of the clergy) put on vestments.
Example sentences: "He approaches the altar to vest for Mass"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Vest
Vest in Other Languages...