Visitation Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Visitation? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Visitation, Example sentences, Related sentences, Words starting with Visitation, Derivations, Synonyms, Antonyms, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: vɪzɪˈteɪʃn
1. (in church use) an official visit of inspection, especially one by a bishop to a church in the bishop's diocese.
Example sentences: "It is suggested also that the bishops should devise a system of regular visitations of the dioceses of their fellow bishops, a proposal, it is suggested, that should pose no threat to bishops who do not fear being held accountable."
2. The appearance of a divine or supernatural being.
Example sentences: "Throughout history there have been reports of ghosts, apparitions and spiritual visitations, both angelic and demonic."
3. A gathering with the family of a deceased person before the funeral.
Example sentences: "If someone in the community died, funeral visitations would typically be held twenty kilometres down the road in Middle Musquodoboit, or even in Truro, more than 50 kilometers away."
4. A divorced person's right to spend time with their children in the custody of a former spouse.
Example sentences: "There is a growing trend toward using mediation to reach an agreement on the terms of a divorce (child custody, visitation, and property distribution)."
5. A disaster or difficulty regarded as a divine punishment.
Example sentences: "A visitation of the plague"
6. The visit of the Virgin Mary to Elizabeth related in Luke 1:39–56.
Example sentences: "He kneels before Mary in the Visitation, Elizabeth and John adjacent to him as intermediaries, requesting Mary's intercessory role on his behalf."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Visitation
Visitation in Other Languages...