Walk Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Walk? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Walk, Words ending with Walk, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Synonyms, Example sentences, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: wɔːk
1. Move at a regular pace by lifting and setting down each foot in turn, never having both feet off the ground at once.
Example sentences: "I walked across the lawn"
2. Guide, accompany, or escort (someone) on foot.
Example sentences: "He walked her home to her door"
3. Abandon or suddenly withdraw from a job, commitment, or situation.
4. Be awarded first base after not swinging at four balls pitched outside the strike zone.
5. (of a ghost) be present and visible.
6. Used to describe the way in which someone lives or behaves.
1. An act of traveling or an excursion on foot.
Example sentences: "He was too restless to sleep, so he went out for a walk"
2. A route recommended or marked out for recreational walking.
Example sentences: "There are picnic places and waymarked walks"
3. An unhurried rate of movement on foot.
Example sentences: "They crossed the field at a leisurely walk"
4. A part of a forest under one keeper.
Example sentences: "Helen hitches a ride to Ashley Walk with New Forest Verderer Anthony Pasmore."
5. An instance of being awarded (or allowing a batter to reach) first base after not swinging at four balls pitched outside the strike zone.
Example sentences: "It's still three strikes you're out and four balls for a walk but so much of the fun is gone."
take a walk
Keep in Mind
Images related to Walk
Walk in Other Languages...